Wednesday, August 24, 2005

August....... yuck!

Well, it's August in Texas. And damn hot!! And it cost me 4K for a new air conditioner last month. grrrrrrrrrr..... Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about the price of heating oil this winter.



Click for Round Rock, Texas Forecast



We had a 45 minute power outage this afternoon. That was interesting. I went out on the backporch to have a smoke, and it was sooooo quiet. And still. There was no sound at all. Usually the buzz of air conditioners is just white noise that you don't notice at all. Until it's gone. And I think I am alone in this place during the day. At least it seems that way.

I was sitting on the porch and the quiet was a bit weird. A couple of hummingbirds were chasing each other away from the feeder. They have high pitched squeaks when they fight with each other. Very cool critters though. But they don't like to share the feeder! There was one psycho hummingbird the other day who was hiding in the tree and just ambushing any others that came to feed. It was actually pretty funny. I got a second feeder across the yard, but they will still fight. I'll miss them when they are gone for the winter.

The kids are back in school. Both boys are in high school. Greg is a senior and Chris is a freshman. I should go get a job. But my eyes are still not right. Having another surgery next month. Hopefully they'll get it right this time. My depth perception is perfect now though. And my reading vision is perfect (with the reading glasses of course). But looking straight ahead and up is all double. So the doc is going to rework the muscles again. Fixed one problem and created a different one. Is it worth it? I guess it is. I have no choice now. The distance vision is worse than before. I'm sure it will be right this time... won't it? I have to be optimistic. Otherwise I would be kicking myself for doing it in the first place.

So where has everyone been?

No comments: