Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"Press one for english......"

Last month I was trying to reach Southwestern Bell about my bill. They have one of those annoying voice recognition automated customer dissservice lines. I really HATE those things. And they have also disabled the "dial O" to speak to a real person option. GAH!! Way to make your customers miserable, SBC.

So Jim was home and he was laughing at me because I was soooooo frustrated. (this pisses me off, too, because I don't like to be laughed at when I'm frustrated LOL)

Computer: "Please state the last four digits of your social security number"
Me: xxxx
Computer: "Thank you. Please tell me how I can help you, your options are...."
Me:I want to talk to a real person.
Computer: "I'm sorry. I didn't understand that request. Please tell me how I can help you."
Me: I want to talk to a customer service agent.

Repeat the above for a couple more times. Then,


Computer:"I'm sorry. I didn't understand that request. Please tell me how I can help you."
Me: Will you put a real live person on the fucking phone!!!!!!!!!
Computer: "I'm sorry. I didn't understand that request. Let me connect you to a representative."
Me: (yelling at this point) ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

I am positive that they have programmed the phones to respond to the word "Fuck" (the universal word for intense annoyance) and connect you to a real person asap. At any rate, Jim found this article in the paper tonight. Great find!! I went to this guy's website. He's got an IVR Cheat Sheet which has tips on beating the system and getting straight to a real live human being.

No comments: