Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I need your advice Lin!

I'm sure you've read my very boring post about cleaning out my desk (what can I say, it was a slow news day LOL). Well, in my little book there were two phone numbers for Lisa (LeeLeeNY). One was crossed out - that was her old number in NYC. The other, I was pretty sure, belonged to Bear. She had moved in with him the last I talked with her. That was a couple years ago. He had just gone through a divorce because his wife was cheating on him with guys she met online. He went online either to spite her or to find out what the attraction was or whatever, and he met Lee. They fell in love and she moved in with him. But he did not want her online anymore. Anyways..... we lost touch. I would love to find her and see how she's doing. I did a reverse phone number lookup and this IS Bear's phone number (I know his real name) and it's still in the directory so I assume it's still active...... haven't tried it though.

Here's my dilemma. I want to call. But what if things didn't work out and she's not there. What if things didn't work out and she's not there and there's a new girlfriend or wife who answers the phone. What if things didn't work out and he's really nasty and bitter about it. What if What if What if.....

Should I call? I really want to know how she's doing..... I do miss her. She was my first cserve friend. She was the first cserve friend I trusted with my phone number. She was the one who called me when she was in the hospital in labor with her baby. She's the one that I sent all my sons' baby clothes to when she was pregnant and on her own. I would love to know that she's doing okay. I'm just scared of all the 'what ifs'. Should I??????

2 comments:

Terri said...

Okay - I'll call tomorrow. Hopefully the number works and even better, that she's there... I have to take Chris to the doc in the morning and then I'll call. And after I do that, then I'll call you and fill you in on all the details.

What the hell.... I used to have more chutzpah than this. I've gotten soft in my old age :)

Terri said...

Tried again at 6:15 tonight - answering machine again. Didn't leave a message. They are gonna be wondering who the hell is calling them from Texas..... or maybe they'll figure it out. I'll try again...