Monday, March 14, 2005

A brisket, a brasket..... gawd, how lame is that? My "titles" aren't exactly inspiring LOL

Well Linda, it's 10:00 and I just threw the brisket in the crock pot. When I get up in the morning, this house is gonna smell like Dickey's BBQ Pit!!! I can't wait. Thank you soooooooo much for saving my ass (again).


I was just thinking (uh oh, that could be trouble). It's amazing to me how much computers have changed the world. There was a time when we were a small percentage of the population with our secret little society. Now everyone is on-line and it really isn't the same anymore. What exactly do I use my pc for now? Well, I use it to pay my bills. Hell, I even get some of my bills emailed to me instead of snail mail. Save a tree, ya know? But even though my pc has become more useful, it's really not as much fun anymore. Oh well, that's progress.


Oh, and there's one thing that I've had for a couple years that I couldn't live without - Netflix! I used to get so frustrated at Blockbuster because it was so hard to find movies there. If it isn't a "new release", there is no way you are going to find it unless you are lucky! Organization isn't their strong point, that's for sure. Netflix has been great because of their search feature - even if you don't know the exact name of the movie, or if you only remember one of the stars, it's easy to find something. And I love their Recommendations. I have watched some great movies that I never even heard of, let alone thought about renting. "In America" was excellent. So was "Greenfingers".
And they have documentaries, television shows, if it's on DVD, they have it. Just love it.....Tonight we watched The Ultimate Carson Collection. Is there anyone who will ever come close to Johnny Carson? Highly unlikely. Greg was making fun of the clothes! They sure did love plaid in those days - plaid jackets, plaid pants and verrrrrry wide ties! Disclaimer: Netflix is NOT paying me to advertise their service..... LOL


And of course, my pc is great for finding lost recipes that good friends have sent me LOL....... tomorrow I am gonna make some potato salad to go with that brisket on Wednesday.


PS - if any other Netflix users out there that want to get a 'friends' list together to share movie recommendations and stuff, let me know. That's another cool feature.


hugggggs and good night!

No comments: