Monday, March 07, 2005

Oh well........

It's been over a week and I didn't get a call back. I guess we'll never know then...... damn.

Funny thing is, I have gotten in touch with lots of old friends over the past couple of years. Good friends from high school. Friends that we partied with when we lived in New York. Old neighbors.... and it's really nice to hear what's up with them. But after a couple of emails, you kind of run out of stuff to say. And then you feel guilty because you're not staying in touch. Who wrote the last email? How often should you email?

I love hearing from old friends. People that really were a huge part of my life at one time. People that I still think about. But then, inevitably, you run out of stuff to say. What do you really have in common anymore? You used to be friends and neighbors, now you live thousands of miles away. I envy people who have those 'lifelong' friends. But those are the people that still live in the same town they grew up in. That's not me. And I don't regret a minute of my adult life. But those 'lifelong' pals.... yeah, that would be nice. The people who knew you back when you were goofy. The people that made the trip to Jersey with ya to go drinking when the drinking age in Jersey was 18. ...... the people that you drove around with - too many to a car, and who used seatbelts in those days? Hell, I had a good friend who had a Honda civic. Now THAT was a small car....... We were at the Jersey shore and nine of us piled into that car to go out to a bar..... damn that was fun. Damn I feel old!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, maybe Lisa will get my message someday. Wherever you are, girl, I hope that you are well and happy!!!!

No comments: