Monday, March 21, 2005

Texas Politics

Seems like Texas has more elections than a hive has bees (this analogy is highly relevant)...... at least two or three a year for various local positions, bond issues, blah blah blah. The road leading out of my neighborhood dead ends at a redlight onto a semi-major road. The pasture fence opposite the light is always decorated with colorful campaign signs.... Seems like every couple of weeks (disclaimer: this is likely an exaggeration, but it seems like only a couple of weeks) the current election signs are whisked away and replaced with the propaganda for the next election's hopefuls.

Well, it's boring. But I have to admit that this sign caught my eye. For one thing, it wasn't the usual red/white, blue/white, or red/whiteandblue. This one was bright yellow and black. Rufus Honeycutt????? Would you vote for someone named Rufus Honeycutt???? Particularly charming is the addition of the little honeybee in the upper right corner... Oh how clever!! I couldn't help thinking that I am glad this advertising genius wasn't responsible for the campaign signs of George Bush.... although that could have been pretty funny actually!! LOL

Oh hell, I think I'll vote for old Rufus just because he got a good laugh out of me!

Rufus

No comments: