Sunday, May 08, 2005

Add to the list of dumb things I've done lately.....

Happy Mother's Day to all of us mothers!


Got an early start this morning - 8:30 left the house to get groceries. I like to get my shopping done before the 'after church' crowd shows up. That's another reason I'm going to hell - I'm at Saint Fresh fruits and Vegetables on Sunday mornings instead of church. I figure I'll go fill up the gas tank first because gas is finally down to 1.99. Leaving the gas station, I'm driving through the high school campus (it's the easiest way to get to the road I needed). On one of the quiet campus roads, there is a roadrunner stopped in the middle of the road between the band hall and a cow pasture. I have been dying to get a picture of a roadrunner. There is one that I see sometimes on the way out of my neighborhood too (also by a cow pasture.. hmmmm could that be a favorite place for them to nest?? nah, just coincidence I'm sure). I remembered my camera was in my pocketbook, so I stopped the car (no traffic there obviously), but by the time I got the camera out, he had scampered through the fence into the pasture. DAMN!!! I'll catch a pic of one someday, I know I will! They are so cool.

Getting back to my story, I did my shopping, came out to the parking lot, put the groceries in the back of the car and stepped around to the driver's side to get in. The gas flap was open and the fucking gas cup was gone!!! I must have forgotten it after I got gas. Shit! I always put the cap on top of the car and it must have fallen off when I was driving. So I re-traced my route. I thought for sure it must have fallen off when I went over the speed bumps at the high school. But no luck. Nowhere to be found. So Greg went to O'Reillys and bought a new gas cap for me - Happy Mothers Day, Mom....

I swear the doctors got it wrong - I must have Alzheimers instead of MS. Did I ever tell you about the time I went to PetSmart and came out and the car was running, and locked???

So, no picture of a roadrunner for you all today. It's a dark, stormy day here in Texas. I just made a pot of meatballs. Bought some fresh bolillos (rolls, for you non-Texans because they can't name anything normal here), so it's meatball sandwiches and salad for dinner. I know, they should be taking me out to eat. We did that LAST night because I hate holiday crowds. We went to the SaltGrass and had some great steaks.

Tony made my weekend by 'finding' us here. Now he needs to answer my email LOL.

Bye for now!

No comments: